Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hold on C'mon

         A few years ago I created a piece for a great show at the Ipso Gallery in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  All of the 2D and 3D visual artwork made for the show was inspired by music.  When given the selections of songs by several different local bands and musical artists I was instantly attracted to a song by 'We all have Hooks for Hands'.  It was the first time hearing the South Dakota based group.  The song Hold on, C'mon was an instant favorite.  I have no idea what inspired the band when writing this song or what the meaning is behind it.  My interpretation came from an initial listen of the song and several sketches that matched the feeling I heard.  The image was drawn in pen and ink and colored entirely in Adobe Photoshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment